Most call me Kathy. I grew up in Cahokia and transplanted to Troy in 1990. My first job at 16 was at the Cahokia Public Library, where I worked for 8 years and volunteered for 2 years before moving to Troy in 1990. I have lost track of how many years on the Tri-Township Board, but its around 12-14 and most of that as your Board Treasurer. I am a Medical Technologist at Barnes-Jewish Hospital (32 years) with two degrees from SIUe, BA-Chemistry Pre-Med & BS-Biology Med Tech Specialization. I am a lifetime member of Girl Scouts, was a member of a co-ed Explorer Post from 1978-1988 (one of the first co-ed groups at Philmont). I have traveled all over the U.S. with scouts and became a leader and mentor to give back to the community. I am an avid volunteer and help the Friends of the Library, Ministries Unlimited, Library Programs, planting in the Green Space and my Scouting friends. Storytelling is a hobby of mine that has come in handy for both scouting and the library. I have backpacked and hiked all over by participating and leading friends, scouts and my son into the great outdoors. My son is the joy of my life. He definitely has developed his mothers sense of humor! I would love to get him involved in my storytelling, because he creates great voices like I do, it could get very comical!!
If you have attended some of the Adult Programs I have lead, then you know that gourmet cooking, barbequing, gardening, home canning and being outdoors are what fill my free time at home. My Mother encouraged all of us to read, so that is something I have done all my life. The Book Club at the library has helped to expand my reading material. Mom and I used to read Ogden Nash together. She would send me to bed, because I would start coming up with my own comical poetry! Now I get to write my own for my storytelling!!
- The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
- Amelia Peabody Mystery Series by Elizabeth Peters
- 87 th Precinct Series by Ed McBain
- Adam Dalgliesh Series by P.D. James
- Inspector Thomas Lynley Series by Elizabeth George
- T.E. Rhine, MD: Recollections of an Arkansas Country Doctor by Patricia Brown
- Poetry by Ogden Nash, E. E. Cummings, Emily Dickinson, Edgar Allen Poe
- Cowboy Poetry by Waddie Mitchell, Baxter Black, Wallace McRae, Bruce Kiskaddon, Gail Gardner
- Vegetable Gardening
- Flower Gardening
- Home Canning
- Wood Carving
- Collecting - Santas, graniteware, vinyl records, books, antiques
- Fox Theater & Muny Opera